Sunday, October 19, 2008

Simchat Torah


Yedid Nefesh, Heart of my hearts,

Soul of my souls, come dance with me.

It's time, it's time to dance, my Loved One,
come this night and dance.


Yedid Nefesh, You Whom I adore,

just as I pray for rain,

that my fields and gardens may bring forth new life,
so do I dance my thanksgiving for Your wisdoms,
which water my spirit,
nourishing my inner lands.
And so, in celebration, I dance to You.

You Who gives me life,

this dance is for You.


As the moon grows dim, come dance with me.

Place Your hand in mine.

For this is the evening of endings, and this is the evening of beginnings,

the eternal dance of life.
And You, You thread through it all,

traveling with me through closings, the dying times,
into the rewindings, the reworkings,

through that which is seen and that which lies hidden,

through that which is known and that which is mystery,
through that which is written, and that which lies awaiting to be expressed,

I dance with You, my Partner, through it all,
through all the cycles of my life,

ever returning to the start,
that poignant, fresh, glistening point,
font of burgeoning life.


So come Yedid Nefesh,
let us dance
the dance eternal.
You Who my soul adores.

No comments: