Friday, November 21, 2008

The Moon of Kislev


Your soul yearns for tending

in this time of deepest night
, and
calls upon the name of God
,
Ha'G'vurah


HaG'vurah, You Who sculpts the caves deep within the earth,

Who soothes the ocean's waters,

You come to me in this Moon of Kislev

to teach me of true power.


Kislev nestles on the edge of winter, month in the Land where
rains sweep across the face of the earth,
thistles softly green wave in the wind, and
harvests of oranges blend with
stories of courage and miracles, fear and wonders.

HaG'vurah, You Who sprinkles the stars throughout the heavens,
Who holds the planets in place,
You teach me of the many forms of strength.
Strength of muscle and of voice, strength of coppers and of spirit,
strength of action and of stillness, strength of struggle and of release,
strength of laughter and strength of tears, strength in daily living, and
moment to moment choosing life.

HaG'vurah, You Who spreads the sun's rays each morning
Who paints the clouds with light,
You instruct me of the many forms of might.
Might of position and of person, might of gold and of presence,
might of speaking and of listening, might of confidence and of humility,
might of compassion and of companioning, might in daily living, and
moment to moment walking with faith.

HaG'vurah,
help me to stand with You.
Renew my energies
that I might join You,
to assist those who are failing and protect those who are fragile,
to support those who are weary and defend those who are vulnerable,
to lift those who have fallen and shield those who have become weakened
through the rounds and turns of life.

HaG'vurah,
grant me continued vigor.
Refortify me,
that I might continue to find my power and
to use it once uncovered
with wisdom.

In this Moon of Kislev,
gird me,
You Who are my strength and shield,
HaG'vurah


No comments: